Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Ranger Lake!


Hello all!
Well it's been a lovely tour so far! So intense, super rad, energy-draining, and incredible!
Last week we were at Ranger Lake Bible Camp, close to Saskatoon. We did daily workshops, did dances at each night chapel portraying our different characters, and did a big show at the last night! We got to stay in our own cabins this week (girls and guys) which was an unexpected but really nice break after Madge Lake. That week was really incredible for me, especially because 6 people i went to highschool with were there, most from my grad class of 2008! Most I have seen since grad, but it was just really great to reconnect with old friends! It was also a challenging (good challenging) week, as we weren't in cabins with campers this week, we had to be really intentional about connecting with campers. I sat down with one cabin at lunch the first day, and was hooked right from there! I spent my week with this great cabin of girls, mostly eating meals with them and hanging out. I connected really well with one girl who was special needs in the cabin, and she was such a sweet heart and blessing to me. I was also asked to lead a morning devo in that cabin, and I really believe God spoke through me, the topic was His love for us. Broad, I know, but it was so good! One girl in that cabin, comes from a really rough background and life, came to know Christ this week after our show which was INCREDIBLE to hear! I ended up getting some food poisoning for the last couple days we were there, right after our show, but God made me well pretty quick. It was an awful 30 ish hours though.
Before coming out to Redberry Bible Camp, where we are now, we took a detour and took the team to my grandparents cabin at Jackfish Lake. We spent the day at the cabin, swimming, resting, burning, and eating food. It was a really restful Saturday! My Grandma' prayer before we came was that we would each receive what we needed there from the Lord. It was SO good, and an extra special blessing for me because I got to be at my favorite place in the world, see my Grandma, and have her meet my team this year because she hadn't yet! God is so GOOD and He KNOWS what we need, seriously.
And now we are at Redberry Bible Camp, which you will hear all about later!
Blessings everybody! Please continue to pray for us, especially energy and health as most of the team is sick but still going hard! We have a week off next week, so that will be good for rest!
Your fellow servant in Christ,
Jacee!

No comments:

Post a Comment