Tuesday, August 3, 2010

A week to chill, kill, take a pill, and be still


Hey Everyone! It’s Sammy here!
You know in the bible when it says God knows what you need before you even ask him… well I am pretty sure that coming into this week God knew that we were in need of some serious rest and family time, because before we knew it camp #6 was no longer in play… thus leaving our team with a week off to fully rejuvanate. So after returning to Caronport the team all dispersed in different directions. Adrian, Jacee and Jesse all headed off for Alberta. There Jacee was able to reconnect with a lot of her extended family, as she joined them to celebrate her grandparents surprise 45th anniversary! Jesse was also able to surprise his parents…which followed in a flow of joyous waterworks (hehe sorry Geri). Jonah spent sometime with his cousin and also spent sometime back at his reserve. Not only that but he came back sporting a nice new haircut, some fancy shorts and a really brown tan:> Shayla headed off to the lake, wakeboarding, fishing and spending some sweet quality time with her sister and brother in law. Shereen also got to go home where she relaxed and hung out with the fam. As for me I was so pumped to have my two buds Ben, and Alli roadtrip it out to S’toon with me for what was to be a week of a lot of laughs and adventures! Going home although I knew would be fun would also be somewhat hard. As many of you know my family has been through a lot these past two weeks as my Step mom Dawn passed away after her battle with cancer. First off I just wanted to say thank you all for all your prayers and support for my family. I have never truly understood what it meant to be a part of the Body of Christ until this summer. To know that there were at least 3 camps praying for my family, parents and friends of R.U., my church family, various people from all over the map, and I am sure many more that I was unaware of, is unreal. I can’t explain how I have been feeling this past two weeks except to say that the power of prayer is huge and God has given me so much peace and acceptance of the situation. So thank you so so much. I think my family really enjoyed having the three of us there too. We were able to spend time with all of my siblings. Quading, playing video games, jumping on the trampoline, biking, and having a campfire all while chasing the little ones around. That to say we were very tired by the end of the day. Hey I rhymed. I believe God is teaching us all a lot this summer. If I could share one thing that I have really learnt from this past month is that Jesus is my everything. There is no way I would have been able to come back to camps the way I did being physically, mentally, and emotionally exhausted without God giving me a hopeful, and focused spirit. I also believe that Dawn lived those 7 years of battling cancer not because her physical body allowed her too but because her spirit was always “rarin to go”. 2 Corinthians 4:16 says, “ Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, inwardly we are being renewed day by day.”
Thank you for your support!
Sammy

1 comment:

  1. oh yes I'm sure you all enjoyed Adrian's little video...:)

    ReplyDelete